We provide a wide range of services covering all planning and highway related matters, including: planning objections, planning applications, planning appeals, the Local Plan process, Enforcement matters, and advising on Permitted Development Rights.
Local Plan/ Local Development Framework
Pursuant to the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 local planning authorities are in the process of producing a Local Development Framework (“LDF”)/Local Plan. Once adopted this will form the development plan for the area.
The LDF/Local Plan will be made up of development plan documents. The central documents are the Core Strategy, the Allocations DPD and the proposals map.
All these documents will be subject to a consultation process and will be considered at an examination.
Local planning authorities are at various stages in producing their LDF/Local Plan. The LDF/Local Plan is the ideal time to submit sites for consideration particularly if they are outside of current development limits.
IOP Consulting are here to advice on site allocations, whether to promote a site or object to an unsuitable proposal.
IOP Consulting can advise you on the LDF/Local Plan process in your area, provide you with commercial astute advice on any potential site allocation, make representations to the LDF/Local Plan and represent clients at public examinations whether promoting or objecting.
IOP Consulting is a Planning Law firm run by Charlotte McKay who is an independent Planning Lawyer. IOP Consulting is based in West Yorkshire however we advise clients across England.
IOP Consulting provides a wide range of services covering all planning and highway related matters. In particular we provide assistance with: planning objections; planning applications; planning appeals; the Local Plan process; Enforcement matters; and advising on Permitted Development Rights.
- Are you wanting to object to an application for planning permission which has been submitted?
- Are you wanting to comment on a site which is being allocated through the LDF/Local Plan process?
- Are you wanting to apply for planning permission?
- Have you had planning permission refused and want advice on appealing such a refusal?
- Have you been served with an Enforcement Notice?
- Are you wanting to explore how you can maximise the value and potential of your property without requiring planning permission using Permitted Development Rights?
- Are you wanting to explore the possibility of getting your site allocated or advice on its development potential?
- Are you simply wanting some advice on any element of planning?
- Are you looking at revisiting an existing permission which is no longer viable?
- Are you looking to establish a lawful use through a Lawful Development Certificate?
- Are you a law firm or a Local Authority who requires assistance?
- Are you an architect who requires planning advice?
If the answer to any of these questions is “YES” then IOP Consulting is here to help.
Follow IOP Consulting on
I am Charlotte McKay an Independent Planning Lawyer based in West Yorkshire. I established IOP Consulting with the aim of delivering commercially astute professional planning advice.
I am a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, whose members are independently regulated by CILEx Regulation. You can therefore rest assured that the service you will receive from IOP Consulting will meet high professional standards.
I have been a planning lawyer for the past 12 years. During my career I have worked for local authorities and in private practice, including working for a top tier international law firm and a well regarded niche Planning Law firm. This means that I am able to bring to the table a wealth of experience from all perspectives.
I pride myself on providing expertise in relation to the often complex planning system in a commonsense and commercially astute manner. I also pride myself on my excellent client care skills and timely service.
“After moving to our new home in the summer of 2016, we contacted IOP Consulting to get advice on planning permission for a new extension. However, our new home is very old and Charlotte explained that we would not be allowed under current planning legislation, no matter we proposed. She was candid, professional and acted with the utmost integrity. Charlotte saved us huge amounts of time and money. I can not recommend IOP highly enough. “Caroline StevensResidentDenby Dale, near Huddersfield